It doesn’t matter if you haven’t had a date in what seems like a lifetime or you’re out every night on random dates that seem to go nowhere. Dating can be a daunting experience. One day you’re up. The next day you’re down and you’re starting to feel like the road to Mr. Right is leading nowhere. Now that people are waiting longer to marry, there can be decades of being single. You’re tired of sitting at the kids table at family dinners and searching for a plus one for your party invites. Where oh where is he? Here are 5 tips to keep your mind and perspective on track when all you want to do is give up.
1. Take your eye off the “Relationship Target”. Unlike your career, love is not something that you can plan or strategize for. If you’re constantly focused on what you don’t have, you’ll miss out on special moments and quite possibly a great deal of joy and happiness. If you’re too focused on finding “him” you’re going to put yourself in a constant place of feeling like you’re failing at something and that is simply not the reality of the situation. Instead, have a diffused focus. This means, have your eyes and heart open while you are living your life instead of living your life to meet a man.
2. Dating is not a learned behavior. There is too much advice out there telling you to be something different to land a man. This alone is what is keeping many people from finding a significant partnership. To find a great love, you have to be totally and completely YOU. Notice how you are with friends and family. The way you laugh, move, the things you talk about, how you share. Dating is no different! You must be seamless throughout your life.
3. Timing IS everything. Yes, it sounds like a cliché, but I can tell you this is absolutely true from my 12 plus years of experience working with singles and putting couples together. Just do YOUR part. Continue to grow and learn more about yourself by investing in YOU! No, not to make sure you are the perfect package, but rather to know yourself inside and out so that you attract the right partner. Your partner may be just around the corner investing in his life in preparation for meeting you!
4. LOVE your single journey. Yes, that’s right. Fall in love with your life. Love is like a magnet that is pulled in the direction of people who are happy and already loving their lives. Celebrate where you are because guess what? Single is a temporary status. It is not permanent even though it may feel that way at times. I met my husband at a time that I wasn’t looking! In fact, I was having a blast being single!
5. You are given what you are ready to receive. We all think that love should just be granted to us because we want it. Not so. The universe has a funny way of giving us what we are ready to receive. Most women are wonderful givers but haven’t learned the art of receiving. Practice this on a daily basis with people you know and meet. If you haven’t met someone yet, give yourself a break and understand that you are being taken care of. The universe can see you and you are not forgotten. WOULD LOVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!!!
Thank you for reading my article. If you enjoyed it…PLEASE Like, Tweet or even Share it with a friend! I’d also love to hear your comments or questions below…